Monday, February 12, 2007

My visit with my Episcopalian friends

Yesterday I had a great time visiting with a Sunday School class (in an Episcopal Church) which is studying the Orthodox Church. They are finishing reading Bishop KALLISTOS' The Orthodox Church.
I assured them that I am no expert on Orthodoxy or even a very good Christian. They seemed to appreciate my journey. Hopefully some of them will come to St. Louis some weekend to visit our parish and experience the Orthodox worship. It truly is difficult to understand the Orthodox Church's theology apart from experiencing her worship. Overall, the visit was good. I wasn't out to make any converts, and I think I succeeded.

On another note, I have been listening semi-nonstop to Snow Patrol's album, Open Your Eyes. It's a great collection of soulful pop punk songs. Woohoo!
Also, I re-discovered Skillet this past week. I listened to them a lot when I was in Bible School. And then they got kinda weird with their androgynous haircuts and overly-techno music. A few weeks ago I heard a song on the local LP (low power) college station, RAGE 103.7, which had a cool sound that stuck in my head. I couldn't even remember the words until I heard it again this past week and they announced it as Skillet. Skillet? I thought. Hmmm.. Couldn't be good old Skillet from Memphis of Christian Rock. I guess I've been out of the Christian Rock loop for a while now. Anyways, their newest album they came back sounding like Evanescence. Very cool stuff. Here's the link: Comatose

Enjoy the links and have a great day. Now it's time for me to do the dishes. Yippee!

No comments: