Saturday, February 10, 2007

In Other News

Hello.
This week in my Media Ethics class we watched a bit of Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism. It is admittedly far left-wing propaganda, but their estimation of the quality of FOX News' "reporting" is probably spot-on. It is particularly fun to watch Bill O'Reilly verbally accost the son of a man killed in the WTC on 9/11 who was against the war in Afghanistan. Wow. Now, that's "Fair and Balanced" journalism. There's also a comical video montage of Bill O'Reilly telling guests to "shut up" and then usually calling for someone to "cut their mic". Is very very funny. Anyways, that gave rise in mind to the image of two people in a debate where one of them is using notecards and, turning to the next card, says, "My next point: You shut up!"
Hmm..
In other news, this week I read Fr. David Joseph Honeycutt's One Flew Over the Onion Dome this week. I'm planning on doing a "Book Review" for my Religion in America class. Very funny stuff. Unfortunately for us, it is very true to life. There are some particularly funny stories in it which had me laughing outloud. Anyways, anyone who is Orthodox, converted to Orthodoxy or thinking about converting to Orthodoxy should read this. It hints at a beneficial moderate path in the conversion from heterodox groups to the Orthodox Church

Also, I read a great list of "Twelve Things I Wish I'd Known as a Convert".
And this after I have already accepted the invitation to share my 'Journey to Orthodoxy' with a local Sunday School class tomorrow.

Well, that's what's on the top of my head right this instant. Now I'm going to go cook pancakes and/or waffles for the family's saturday morning breakfast. Peace.

No comments: