Sunday, November 28, 2004

Movie Review

Last night Neil and I saw the new Nic Cage movie, National Treasure. It could have been more aptly name "National Mockery". It was, however, the most witty of the conspiracy theory movies. It made for pretty fun watching, even if it was implausible.

The funniest thing wasn't even in the movie itself, though. The theater was sold out or nearly sold out for this particular showing. About ten minutes into the movie I went to get a drink. I told Neil, "Hey I'm going to get a drink. I'll be right back." He got up and followed me. Just as we got to the bottom of the theater a couple sat in our seats.
"Neil, why are you following me?"
"I want a drink too."
"I would have gotten you a drink. Someone took our seats."
Sure enough, we looked up to see a couple enjoying our good seats.
When we returned from our drink-buying cooperative experience we had trouble finding seats. We did, eventually, find two seats side by side, but this will make for a good story years from now.

I've had a good thanksgiving weekend. I haven't been to 'work' since Wednesday. It's not so bad, it's just that my house feels really crowded all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah now I know how to post!!!

Yeah good movie. I liked the philadelphia scenes the best. I've always wanted to go upstairs in Indepence Hall.

This is Jim Ruh btw.

Seems everyone is blogging in one way or another.
Hit me up on IM Gymroo23
or castorpollock@juno.com
What is Young Life?