Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Missional Church

At best I would say my ideas about ecclesiology are nebulous. The views I do hold are probably more informed by my non-denominational independent church background than by anything I've read in the Bible or theological books.

That said, I am reading Missional Church: A Vision for the sending of the church in North America in my spare time. This idea of a missional ecclesiology seems right. I can see the contrast of a missional ecclesiology with a denomination-building, society-dominating, or even church-growth approach, because they all tend to come from an establishment mentality of doing/being church. It's all too building-/institution-minded. That's not the community which Christ initiated.

At any rate, I am working my way through this very interesting book, and my mind is being stretched all the time.

No comments: